There are several things I’ve been thinking about writing about, but my sister Tabi gave me the best idea…I was telling her how my onions sprouted, and that I decided to keep them. I found out I can use the sprouts like green onion or chives, and I just think that’s the coolest thing. So she said ‘You should blog about it!’.
I heard several people, before I got married, say that the honeymoon phase lasts about 6 months, then reality sets in…that sounded so terrible to me! But our six month anniversary has come and gone (3 weeks ago!), and so far I feel just as much in the honeymoon phase as I did 4 weeks ago. I’m starting to think (hope) that it’s not a “phase”, but that I am as in love with my husband in 25 or 50 years as I am today.
So, in honor of making it past 6 months and still being so very happily married, I’m doing this top 10 post. (-: I love you, Adam (my cuppycake, gumdrop, shnookem shnookem apple of my eye).
Top 10 Reasons I Love Being Married:
10. I have someone to tell me when I’m being ridiculous, pouty, bratty, or the like…but I still know how incredibly much he loves me. (And still loves me even when I get mad at him for telling me the truth!)
9. I get to live with my best friend who I can spend all day with and not get tired of…and who will watch Lost and try to figure it out with me, even though we both know it’s impossible!
8. I have someone to cook for! I’ve always liked cooking to a degree, but something about having someone else to cook for just makes it way better. And he will always eat what I make him, even if he doesn’t like it. (-:
7. He makes me the best breakfasts ever!
6. He takes care of our car, and any other mechanical stuff that I don’t understand…
5. He always drives when we’re together, which is great since I don’t like driving if I don’t have to. And he’s a better driver than me anyways. (-:
3. Going to sleep in his arms, especially on cold nights.
2. Having someone there to make decisions with is wonderful…and even though he’s the leader in our family, he always looks to me for my opinion and takes it seriously. I don’t like making decisions though, so having the final responsibility off my shoulders is a really great feeling for me.
And the number 1 reason I love being married…..
1. It is the most intimate relationship possible outside my relationship with God, and when it is good, life is good. And right now, it is good. I can’t even find the words to describe the amazing companionship and spiritual oneness that marriage provides. I’m so thankful that God created marriage, and that he allowed Adam and I to find each other all the way across the world. Adam is everything I ever wanted in a man and more…the apple of my eye!